Sunday, January 10, 2021

11 January 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
It's 2021 but 2020 didn't win. We had our PLC last week and we've got some fun stuff on the horizon. 

Troop Meeting • Monday, 6:30-8:00 • Google Meet
link sent via email

1/18 - 2 hour Service Project - No Troop Meeting (see below)

1/23 - (Saturday) - activity day - Fill out this form

1/25 - Troop Meeting - game day & Elections If you'd like to run, fill out this form)

2/1 - PLC Meeting 

In February we'll be working on Fishing MB (and going ice fishing with Mr. Beck), and Reading Merit Badge with Mrs. Mayer. 


Service Projects
Please find a way to do some service next week as a way to honor the MLK holiday. Patrols may organize to do this together, or you can do something as approved by your parent(s). Regardless, I expect everybody to spend at least two hours doing service to others next Monday. As with all service hours, these should be logged in the service section at the back of your handbook and signed by a parent. 



As you might expect, I have a strong negative opinion of Wednesday's attack on our National Capitol.   

When I was a kid, I was a big fan of most of Arnold Schwarzenegger's action and SciFi movies: Conan, Terminator, the Predator, Total Recall, to name a few. When Conan, "the Terminator" talks, I am programmed to listen. As an adult, I haven't kept up with his movies and I certainly haven't always agreed with him on policy (he was Governor of California from 2003 to 2011), but I feel in the video below he raises really great points about what happened and our way forward for our democracy. 

He's an actor, thus cheesy background music, regardless I encourage you to watch his comments. His thoughts are better than anything I might have this week.